Nautel Unveils Two New High-Power GV Series FM Transmitters at NAB
New models in the award-winning GV Series include 60 and 80 kW capability.
NAB 2016, Booth N2522
Hackett’s Cove, Nova Scotia – Nautel has introduced the GV60 and GV80, the newest members of Nautel’s award-winning GV Series. As with the other products in this series, the 60 kW GV60 and 80 kW GV80 offer the highest IBOC performance and efficiency along with powerful instrumentation and functionality.
GV Series transmitters offer unique audio management and processing tools previously unavailable in high power transmitters. Features such as MER instrumentation, HD PowerBoost, SNMP support, SHOUTcast™ and IceCast streaming input, PUSHRADIO™ with scheduler and play lists, Axia Livewire™ IP audio support, MPX over AES functionality, and optional Orban Inside™ onboard audio processing are available to users. All GV Series products can achieve -16 dB hybrid power at the transmitters’ nameplate power rating.
Other outstanding features of the GV Series include:
- Up to 15% improvement in efficiency over prior digital technologies
- Nautel’s exclusive Spectrum / Efficiency Optimizer which automatically monitors the transmitter and dynamically adjusts parameters to meet the spectrum mask while maximizing efficiency
- RDS PS scrolling for song title and artist displays (fed via RS232 or IP), with 25 positions available in the alternate frequency table
- Automatic audio loss switchback for automatic return to the desired audio source once it recovers from a switchover situation
- Sophisticated control via the award-winning AUI, with definable security/access levels, and features introduced over the past year including an oscilloscope view which monitors audio source signals in the time domain along with selected site control functions
- A full suite of digital radio instrumentation, along with MER measurement, with a spectrum analyzer and constellation view, supporting Nautel HD Reliable Transport
- Built-in Industry-leading PAPR/Crest factor reduction
- Robust dual-cabinet design for easy installation, hot swap of power modules, extensive redundancy and field repairable amplifier pallets
- 90-265V power supplies help keep transmitters on the air even in brown-out conditions
“Our engineers, responding to excellent customer suggestions, have continued to push the limits on high power FM technologies,” said Kevin Rodgers, Nautel President and CEO. “These transmitters represent a level of performance and operational capabilities that were simply a dream only a few short years ago.”
Nautel has emerged as one of the world’s largest manufacturers of broadcast transmitters. With more than 14,000 transmitters deployed in over 177 countries since 1970 and more than 6,000 deployments of AUI-enabled transmitters, Nautel continues to lead the way in providing valuable new solutions for digital broadcasting and other applications.
# # #
For more information please contact:
Director of Marketing
Making Digital Broadcasting Work.